Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Friday, May 30, 2014

Gross National Happiness

The last day in Beautiful #Bhutan we almost lost track of the roads. It was raining n getting late in the evening so we asked various people at various turns for directions. Then we met this young lad studying in class 12th, who offered to show us the way if we let him sit in the car. We were fine with that. His name was Sunil as his father was a Gurkha married to a Bhutanese. He kept navigating us through roads absolutely unfamiliar. I wondered if he was maneuvering us to get closest to his destination. I actually blurted it out in jest. "No ma'am, I actually work for "Gross National Happiness". I was pleasantly surprised. He took us exactly where we wanted to be but surely farther from his destination.

I felt overwhelmed. If only everyone in this world worked for Gross National Happiness in their countries what a wonderful place this world would be...

Thank you Sunil, you left a memorable impression on my mind. God bless you!! God bless your peaceful happy nation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment