Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Look a gift horse in the mouth....have to!!

Got yet another gift from someone who did not need it or like it. I have received such unwanted gifts all my life from friends and my immediate family, including my husband. Then they complain "Oh, you don't use it?" Now just because I come across as a simple person with simple tastes does not mean I will appreciate every s**t that is passed on as gift to me. I think so much about and before buying a gift for someone. And these people they never spare a thought. I think, I have never said it but its about time I have to say....."PLEASE DON'T PASS ON THAT F**KING ***T TO ME, I AM BETTER WITHOUT YOUR GIFTS"...
There is a list of things which I hated the time I got them. Like the clothes you get on marriages of relatives. Isssshhh.. Like the brown and maroon and dark orange colour suit pieces I got.. and handed over to maids ASAP. Or the garish synthetic sarees I received as a token of bloody love. I passed on that love to the needy n deserving ones. The curios people brought home when they came for a dinner were clearly those which had been wrapped over n over as they exchanged hands for God knows how many years.. Those synthetic purses and handbags that I would not have been seen dead with too were handed over to my maids. The Italian leather bag with a 550 dollar tag is kept wrapped. Useless, impractical and not suited to my taste. The Jasmine fragrance..so bloody what if it was imported and expensive. It smells just the same as those on half saree clad Andhra girls wearing Jasmine flowers. I am using it as a room freshener. Those plasticky photo frames. Oh shit.. Yes, I said I love collecting frames but unique ones not those plastic ones from China. The list is endless.. Heights were expired box of imported biscuits from an army officer.  I was polite all these years. But not any more....

I am simple not simpleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment