Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Friday, May 15, 2015

Bombay Well What, Waat laga di....

Bombay Velvet... my unpaid review. Even if Karan Johar or Anurag Kashyap would have paid me for a review I still would write this....

I have just come back after wasting my money, time and brains trying to make some sense out of 'Bombay what what'. There was no story. Quite understandable as four people including Anurag Kashyap has written some random things. So, clearly too many cooks have spoilt the broth. Karan Johar's dead pan expressions killed the villain's part thoroughly. He was not at all convincing as a Parsi τοο. In some shots he looked switching over to AIB. Actually that is his forte and he should stick to that. One is forced to make comparisons with another new release set in the early last century Calcutta. Yes, Detective Byomkesh Bakshi. There is a world of difference between the two. Bombay Velvet does not have sheen and texture...no velvety feel. In fact it is tattered canvas with some patchy velvet pieces. Karan Johar should stick to being behind the scene so that he can control himself. 
I am tempted to write something in Punjabi... a one liner about this nonsense.
 ਬੋਮਬੇ ਵੇਲਵੇਟ ਵਿਚ ਵੇਲਵੇਟ ਵਰਗਾ ਕੁਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ. ਸਾਲਾ ਪਾਟੇ ਤਪੜ ਤੇ ਲੀਰਾਂ ਜੋੜ ਤਿਯਾਂ।

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for saving our time n money..I always look forward for your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saving our time n money..I always look forward for your reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete