Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pre Marital Sex ???? OMG, OMG !!!!

Preity Zinta is back in town and busy chatting up with tweeple about the hackneyed PMS..pre marital sex. Oolala! That was my the lead story in Deccan Chronicle's Sunday Page co authored with a friend. A well researched article that was published in 1994 in DC sizzled the ground I walked on. The heat was unbearable. The responses ranged from this extreme to that. Many chose to believe our researched facts in the story and others just chose to abuse me and look at me with suspicion and contempt because I was a young unmarried woman writing about it. What people did not understand that I was not endorsing or supporting PMS. 

I had not known the story was already in print for the Sunday edition when I walked into the DC office on a Thursday evening that time and the reactions and the glances of some people were just too much to handle. Uff!!!

As a woman writer I always feel  sensitive to whatever gets written about sex...pre or post marriage. And how the spoken word goes around. From an innocuous SEX column where each one of us have been ticking Male/Female to announce who we are to SEX as a three letter forbidden word the whole perspective changes. 

Read this:
 i think it's completely OK as sex is an emotion more out of love than marriage & love does not wait for marriage to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment