Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Friday, March 16, 2012

Women Changing India...Symposium

Attended a symposium organized by Barnard College. Listening to the various women panelist was like recharging, rebooting and reinventing myself. It was a day well spent educating myself, reaffirming and reinforcing my belief about my role as an individual. We women keep grooming ourselves with regular spas and parlor visits but it is when you hear women achievers, their words clear the dust off your brains, clean your ignition plug and polish your mind for that brilliance which was always there. They are not any different from you and I. It is like visiting a MIND PARLOR.

The only thing that took them to break the ceiling was that they kept on going where as some of us slowed down or rested....perhaps longer than we should have. There is so much that my nosey, spongy journalist-writer brain has soaked up from there that I could write series of articles on HOW WOMEN CAN CHANGE THE SOCIETY.  Nah, darlings I might keep writing nuggets about it in my future quickies but I need to first apply this knowledge to my life.

Panelists, of course were the celebrated and emancipated Indian women from nearly every profession, (you can check the details in the link given below). Nonetheless the women in audience weren't any less interesting. Met some wonderful women across ages and bonded with some for some great karmic connect in future :)....coz nothing is without a purpose. I strongly feel that we women really need to collaborate to paint a much bigger canvas.

After all that food for thought, we indulged in some gourmet delights and deserts without feeling guilty about it. Yes, guilt was the point of discussion and it was a great way to break that stereotype and enjoy and live the moment.

Good days are generally followed by good nights. So right now, I am relishing a good dinner cooked by my darling husband.... exotic stir fried vegetables and Cottage Cheese in Hoi Sin Sauce. See thats how Good women are changing their world and making things work for them. Ah, time for thanksgiving.....to him of course. :)

I got a feeling......tonight's gonna be a good night!








https://www.facebook.com/pages/Barnard-College-Global-Symposia-Series/142792982508260?sk=wall

No comments:

Post a Comment