Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ganapati Bappa Morya on eco-drive !!

Hello...... one more thing... equally important.....

There will be a "Beach Clean Up Opearation" on 9th Sept at Girgaum Chowpatty.... to help keep the Chowpatty and Sea clean after the Ganesh Visarjan.

We should do it, we can do it but why? And why not. Last year I too was very gung ho about this cleaning the beaches after Ganapati. I approached some schools in SOBO to chip in and one particular Principal gave me a very thought provoking answer and made me reconsider the entire issue in a new light. Here's what she said..
"Why create such a situation in the first place? Everyone including the authorities first create that mess after visarjan and then we are expecting to bring children to teach them about environment and get them to clean the beaches. What kind of confused message we are giving children?"
I had no answer. I am a staunch Hindu and I love Ganesha and I do love bringing Ganapati home every year. And I do feel strongly about certain things like environment. Having lived in Mumbai, I have observed that all these sarvjanik Ganapati Pandals are more of social and political in nature than purely religious. Which is fine and in a way it brings about a certain flavour, typical to this festival. But then it also brings about certain serious environment issues with it and they have to be addressed sooner than we would like to.

Now the question is can't we work backwards? Like create Ganpatis which are of a particular size, made of purely biodegradable material, including the colours.  Not allow any other idol to be submerged in water bodies if it is not conforming to 'save-environment' specifications. Having done that can't the same very people who danced all the way to visarjan go and help clean the beaches and other places where they happily bid farewell to their loving God. Ganapati Bappa would love to go on an eco-drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment