Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Trek in TUNGRESHWAR

Where the hell did you go this Sunday? That's how most of my friends ask me. I have a compulsive urge to see new places.... I can not say where and when. Its all circumstantial....if I may say. Will explain that sometime. Sometimes I don't know the plan till 11 on Saturday night and suddenly I am out..99%, with my daughters. They hate me for that. I mean, waking them up on holidays and dragging them to various far off places. I blackmail them too... and it works. This time they were off to Nehru Science Centre with the school and me to Tungreshwar.

Friends are a good company too. The friends to learn from..friends who inspire. re this time.

We visited the temple just before Shivratri and I felt very nice about it. But unlike the monsoons there were no streams, no waterfalls and the soil on the trek was all loose and dry. The sunTungreshwar happened just like that with Sudarshan and Ashwin. One a good trekker with loads of stamina and other a good photographer. Sudarshan was our trek guide :) and a good one at that. :) Ashwin was good with photography tips and I managed some insect pictures for the first time in my life. We first walked up to the temple. On our way up we saw people gathering Dhatura fruits n flowers and I requested them for some to offer to Lord Shiva. Once at the temple the guys were excitedly looking for a Cobra that they had spotted months back on same trek. Mr Cobra was not the was blazing and it was really tough once we start ascending towards Balyogi ashram. Sudarshan won't agree because he was fast n fresh through out the about ten km uphill.

http://www.vasaivirar.com/temples.asp?temple=tungareshwar-mahadeo-mandir

Cutting the long trek short..we reached Balyogi Ashram n as Sudarshan had promised on the way, we got hot meal and stimulating hot herbal tea. Photography is not permitted at the Ashram and not even a thank you and okay. An old baba (caretaker) got after Ashwin everytime he said Ok. Finally we appeased him with "Ram" and left that place. I took some shots of the place from outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment