Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

No Cable TV, no Newspaper

"Essentialism isn’t about doing more things it’s about doing more of the right things. It means it means saying no to many good things so we can say yes to a few great things. It is a disciplined pursuit of what really matters. It is hard; it is worth it.... "

Found this in an article posted by my friend Jyoti. Well, this is an answer to why I had stopped my everyday newspaper and why I do not have a cable connection at home for the last three years. Newspaper is a luxury on Sundays and internet gets me my quick byte of news on twitter n others and at my pace n requirement. I have time to revisit my poetry and other creative writing. I begin my day with yoga.

My younger daughter gets her student edition which is crisp and precise and witin the limits of decency and sows the right seeds in a young fertile mind. Are we missing out something?  May be not. My daughters are voracious readers, have developed a good bond with encyclopedias and draw in their leisure time.. They have ample time to talk to one another, giggle, hug, roll and fight as well which most people don't do these days. Together we have lots of time to spend with each other.

I have lesser raddi at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment