Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I ran and danced with Mumbai

I have been there on ground for four Mumbai Marathons. Ran once...ishhh...a Dream Run :) This time I was very late, thanks to my daughters. I had to drag them out to get the feel of it. So, when we reached the half Marathoners were already coming back to the finish line. It was great to see Mumbaikars sweating it out for fun. The women were beetroot red and looked so lively.

Just then the oldies, senior veterans, came running in their colorful teeshirts. Their josh wasn't any lesser. They waved to the crowds and ran like happy kids. We decided to move towards the music...Jazz by the way. That's where we had a real blast. A senior lady enthralled with her dancing moves and a funny guy sought attention with his signature 'snake dance and ghostly' dance. Right next to it was the Star Plus's Lavani....oops looked like Bar dancers. Isshhhhh...who says bar dancers can't do Lavani and vice versa :)...Of course it was Star..........and Plus.

Celebs Tara Sharma and Rahul Bose came running in Dream run. By now we decided to move to Marine drive to capture better pictures. The BMW lead the Dream-runners and one swanky BMW sat on the Marine Drive found a lover in my kids who went on to admire the beauty and posed with it. We danced some more and cheered the runners. There were many running without a bib number so when I could not control, we finally decided to run (without the bibs) and we did, all the way to the finish line.

My daughters said,"Next year we are running for sure!"

We will!

No comments:

Post a Comment