Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mango Man celebrates Republic Day


Today I did not see the President taking a salute. Did not feel like watching those political criminals mocking a pseudo-patriotic emotion. I wanted to be a part of common man...mango man...aam aadmi's celebration and here it is how.

'What a beautiful day', thats how I felt riding on near empty roads on Republic day morning. Yes, I went riding on my cycle to Marine Drive. Met my Bandra cycle club friends. A group of young skaters came dressed wearing tricolor on their chests.

Came home and went back to Gateway Of India with my friends. Thats when we saw a stream of motorbikes  with tricolors zooming past near Regal.  At Gateway, we went from one group to another requesting them to join us for National Anthem. We sang the National Anthem with people from various provinces and states. Thanks to my friends and all those who connected right there, we had a great celebration this Republic day. Not a flash mob, because I did not want a rehearsed thing but an impromptu attempt by four of us saw a huge number of people singing together at Gateway. There was smiles all over. It was like mini India bonded together. The mango man celebrated the spirit of Republic Day.

At 4 pm, as an IAC volunteer, I am there one more time. PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN.

Jai Hind! Vande Matram!! Check out the pictures and one video on my timeline.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2555508173243

No comments:

Post a Comment