Quick Hi!

Thank you my quirky reader. It does not matter who you are and where you from but my words sure are from the heart. You may follow, read at leisure and leave a comment. You may share the good word if you like a quickie note or even if you do not I am okay with you peeping here once in way ..there will always be something for you at Fortified Quickies from writingdoll. Some words may sting or bite but some may soothe your soul.
Quirky reading !!!
Cheers!
Mridual

Be warned against plagiarism. I take it seriously. (Do not cut, copy, paste any original content)

Sunday, January 29, 2012

NO TV??? Give me the internet!

No TV DAY?? The news paper I subscribe to had me bowled over the idea of No TV day. Not that my kids are glued to TV on other days. Don't just think something like how sweet n all. Of course my kids would want to go on and on, on Animax or Pogo or just about any other channel on TV but I play the 'Mugambo khush hua' after turning it off or just jerking the smart card (tuner card) out of the set top box when I step out of the home. Ha, ha, ha. Oops, my little one is reading it right now and quipping, " Khud ko Mugambo samjhte ho!"

So, yesterday we decided to do some of the things that Hindustan Times had been advertising for over a fortnight. While some activities are part of our outings already there are some others which we can do even later, for which I have preserved all the related write ups and probably we will have a NO TV Day once a month. We decided to start our day with cycling to the Gateway of India. For my daughter it was her first time ride out of the cantonment. Once at Gateway, we looked for the Cyclists from Bandra. We could not. Probably missed them. My daughter was so charged and excited that she beamed, "I want to go to Marine Drive" So we went there. The dog lover that she is, she played with some dogs and befriended some. Then we rode back home in 25 minutes flat. Isn't it fast?

Then we readied along with the younger one for a Heritage Bus Ride from Jahengir Art Gallery. It was a long wait out there but it was worth, with the funny guy who was our guide. He showed us Sachivaliya...and said yahan upar se neeche tak koi sach nahin bolta... and that Vidhaan Bhawan was the WWE of the ministers. His narrative was hillarious . Though SoBo has very familiar sites, the bus deck gave a completely different perspective for me to take some good pictures.

After this we went to Ballard Bunder for a exhaustive trip to the The Indian Naval Ship Vikrant which is now a museum ship. The Naval guys were so cordial and good guides. People loved sitting in the cockpit of the Helicopter, a part of display in the museum. So did my girls. Par...yeh uda nahin...haha!! HT guys, next time please take me for copter ride over Bombay. I really want to take some good aerial shots.

More??? Are you crazy? Where was the strength left. Too much packed in one day. We headed straight home as I was craving for my good cup of lemongrass tea. Kids??? OMG, they were so tired. So everyone sat silent and then my younger girl suddenly picked up the remote to switch the TV on. "No!" I shrieked.
"Please mom I want to relax."
"Read a book No TV today, today is NO TV DAY."
"It was no TV day, now it is night."
"Sorry, the day will end at 12 midnight."
"Didn't we have a no TV week?"
We actually did but then today it was like a promise.

"Whatever! Please no TV today". That one came from my barely one and half year older to the younger one yet many years wiser elder daughter who is otherwise a avid TV watcher of Animax's Inuyasha series. That is on days when I don't play a Mugambo!!!

..........................and wait here's more, the little girl is a die hard negotiator. She said," OK, Can I have the internet then?"  ................................Abhi toh,  Momma has to turn Mugambo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment